Grandfather Lee M Woodruff, editor of the Grand Rapids Press Newspaper for 32 years.
Former Press editor Lee M Woodruff speaks at the groundbreaking ceremony for The Grand Rapids Press on June 23, 1964. The former Press building at 155 Michigan Street NW is being demolished this month to make room for a Michigan State University bio-medical research center. (MLive file photo). photos.mlive.com/grandrapidspress
Paul M. Keep became editor of The Grand Rapids Press on July 1,2009. This made him the eighth editor of The Press since its founding in 1893. Before Lloyd, who served from 1978-2009, were Werner Veit (1966-1978), Lee M. Woodruff (1934-1966), Charles M. Greenway (1927-1934), Edmond W. Booth (1906-1927), Charles S. Burch (1897-1906) and Willis Hall Turner (1893-1897).
Posted by Lee M Withey | Filed under Woodruff, Mackie